- Keep solid plastic rings in a freezer. Give a cooling gum massage with a ring.
- Freeze a clean wet washcloth without rips or strings. Give it to a baby to cool sore gums. The baby can gnaw on it as long as they need.
- Use your fingers to apply gentle pressure on your baby’s gums or rub them.
- Add a white noise machine.
- Consult your baby's pediatrician. Baby acetaminophen (Tylenol) can help block mouth pain if given 30 minutes before bedtime.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns against teething jewelry because they pose a choking risk!
When your family decides to attend childcare, get ready to smoothen the transition.
Start the same schedule they have in a childcare center;